- Jeremy Hammond Case Update: Currently In MCA
- Julian Assange Update: Ecuador Embassy, London
- Bradley Manning Hearing at Fort Meade – November 27-December 22
- National Security State Eats Its Own? General Petraeus Scandal Analysis
- Israel Bombing Gaza: Operation Pillar of Cloud. Timeline
- CCR Files Complaint Against the UN Committee Against Torture: Canada Directly Violates Convention Against Torture
- UN Vote On Cuba Embargo: Israel Is Among Major Investors In Cuba
Hundreds of National Lawyers Guild members and allies gathered to celebrate the organization’s 75th anniversary at the Law for the People convention in Pasadena, California. We hear excerpts from speeches from the National Lawyers Guild Convention by Attorney Jim Lafferty The 2012 Law for the People Award was given to Jim Lafferty.
Scholar and activist Angela Davis delivered the keynote address and among the convention honorees will be Margaret Burnham, a professor of civil rights law who, as a young lawyer, helped secure Davis’s 1972 acquittal on high-profile charges.
Founded in 1937, the National Lawyers Guild is the oldest and largest public interest/human rights bar association in the United States. Its headquarters are in New York City and it has members in every state.
Jim Lafferty, Executive director of the National Lawyers Guild in Los Angeles and host of The Lawyers Guild Show on Pacifica’s KPFK 90. 7 FM.