Is the Afghanistan War less over terrorism than it is over energy? It’s a high stakes chess board writes Conn Hallidan, a foreign policy analyst, and if the US controls the sources of energy of its rivals, Europe, Japan and China, and other nations, they win. Hallinan, says strategic energy alliances are forming between Russia and China. China is planning a 4 thousand mile pipeline from the Caspian Basin to the Guangdong Province while Russia is locking up natural resources such as natural gas in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.
- It’s about the United States attempting to control energy sources at a time when world oil reserves are beginning to drop.
- In fact there’s going to be a sharp drop in world oil reserves while Brazil India and China are growing fast. There’s a growing sharp competition for controlling those energy resources.
- The United States pretty much has its thumb on the Middle East oil reserves and has been maneuvering to control natural gas and oil coming out of Caspian Basin.
- Follow the roadways for Pipelanistan, looking at energy resources as looking at a map.
- This is a battle for control of energy resources. Whoever holds the high ground in the next half century will have their hand on jugular vein of their competitors.
- Tremendous expansion of NATO into former Soviet areas and into Central Asia creates the counter-response. Shanghai Cooperation Organizations
- The SCO is on a roll. China loaned Turkmenistan 3 billion dollars.
- Long term goals for current administration not very different from past administration.
- I want to go the White House and sit down with Obama and say, “ok, look just read Kipling, read Kim, the poem, Arithmetic on the Frontier.”
- The situation is a complete disaster, we’re destabilizing India and Pakistan, the most single dangerous flash-point in the world right now.
We hear four speeches from the Animal Rights Annual Conference this year. The speakers are our own co-host Heidi Boghosian, Attorney Matthew Strugar, Social Justice Attorney Bob Bloom, and Will Potter. Full list of speakers.
- Operation Backfire – A Survival Guide for Environmental and Animal Rights Activists
- New laws are based on a template provided by corporations.
- The Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act is made to instill fear, it is vaguely written, it is impossible to note what speech will be prosecuted.
- One of the defense attorneys for the Animal Terrorism Enterprise Act 4.
- What I learned defending the Black Panther Party, in the criminal justice system, is that there is a particular mechanism to control people who want to make things better, who want to change things. Courts are not for justice, they’re for repression.
- Under the animal enterprise act, you can have a business enterprise that uses and tortures animals. It just doesn’t seem right.
- Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals and the answer is quote – because the animals are like us.
- Ask the experimenters why its morally ok to experiment on animals and the answer is quote because the animals are not like us.
- Communication enhancement facilities are political prisons for those who have been widely connected with others. When you have secretive facilities and special legislation or so-called second tier terrorism inmates, you’ll soon have secretive facilities and special legislation or so-called third tier terrorism inmates and secretive facilities and fourth tier terrorism inmates, until brick by brick, the barriers of what is being labeled a protester and an activist and a dissident and a terrorist have completely crumbled.
The Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act (AETA) is a United States federal law It was signed by the President of the United States November 27, 2006. Earlier versions of the bill were known as S. 1926 and H.R. 4239. The bill is described by the author as being intended to “provide the Department of Justice the necessary authority to apprehend, prosecute, and convict individuals committing animal enterprise terror.”